Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hemp Pro 50 wins over my heart and stomach

I have bought a lot of protein powders. Rice, soy, oat, whey, vanilla, chocolate, chai, berry. Some have been manageable, others went right in the trash. I keep buying more in the hopes of finding one that I look forward to drinking because I love the concept. Quick, healthy, easy on the gut. This is how I want to start the day. So when my local health food store had free samples of a new powder I was all about it.
Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you: Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro.

Now I bought the Hemp Pro 50 for two reasons.

1. It was less expensive.

2. More omega 3s

As you can see from the pic the 70 has more protein, less omegas.

This protein powder is so smooth I can drink it with no fruit blended in.

Yesterday's breakfast:
One cup of sunflower milk
Two tbsp of hemp pro 50
Heaping tbsp of Trader Joes almond butter with roasted flaxseed
Blended until smooth.

Tasty.Would it be more delicious with a banana in there? Yup. But I am on a very restricted diet and fructose is not on it. But for you and your family, go for it.
The hemp powder is not gritty, has no aftertaste, and gives the drink a slightly nutty flavor.

In summation:
Great source of protein
Tons of omega 3s
A little added fiber
Great taste and texture
Website has great recipes
Was on sale with coupon when I bought it making it $14 for the 16oz jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment