Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quick and Easy Sushi rolls



Ask my daughter what she wants to eat and it's usually one of two things: mac and cheese or sushi. I have solved this problem by not asking her what she wants, but occasionally I like to indulge her. However, I tire of spending the money taking her out to the DC Sushi bars. That's when I came up with the following:
Sushi Assembly Line all laid out



Pack of Seaweed wrappers: snack size ($.99)
One avocado ($.99)
One cucumber ($.89)
Scallions ($.50)
Smoked Salmon (ranges in price, used about $3 in rolls)
Microwave sushi rice bowl- making boiled rice is cheaper($2.99)
Soy Sauce for dipping
 Grab a wrapper, stuff it full of whatever you want, stick in your mouth. Easiest recipe I have ever come up with, but so fun that we sat at the table eating for over an hour. 



This is simply my take on the assembly line. The options are literally endless. The point is that it is a) cheap, b) easy c) kid friendly fun and d) super healthy
The bowls you see in the pictures are some tofu ochazuke I made that was cast aside for sushi construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment